Friday, September 24, 2010

Welcome Assistant Coach Wood!

A native of Tonawanda, NY, Coach Wood joins Hartwick Women’s Lax after serving as an assistant lacrosse coach at Wilson College in Chambersburg, PA. In addition to her lacrosse duties, Wood also served as the college's sports information assistant, undertaking a bulk of the publicity efforts for Wilson's athletic teams. Prior to Wilson, she was a standout athlete on both the lacrosse and soccer teams at Buffalo State. Wood was a three-year starter at defender for the women's lacrosse team from 2003-07. She helped pace the Bengals to a cumulative 35-24 record and a playoff appearance in 2004 and 2006 SUNYAC Semifinals, and played one season (2003) with the women's soccer team.  Coach Wood received her bachelor's degree in Public Communications from Buffalo State in 2008.
RANDOM FACTS from Coach Wood 
I have 4 brothers and 3 sisters. My dad may be the coolest person on earth. I have to sing along to Glee episodes. I have an obsession with ice cream and hot fudge. My jeep still has a car phone in it. I am slightly addicted to coffee. I have an obsession with teeth. My favorite getaway vacation is West Virginia. Disney is the best place on earth. My favorite color is orange. I want to start collecting sneakers. The greatest group of people that I know is Buff State Lax players. I'm attached to my blackberry. My grandma is my hero. I have a cat with no name. I completely overuse the word 'Creeper'. I collect quotes. Riptide Rush Gatorade is my favorite drink of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment