Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving



The Hartwick Women's Lacrosse team reflects on the many things we are all thankful for this Thanksgiving. As a team, the opportunity to play a sport we love, represent our school, and compete against great teams are all worthy of thanks but as individuals our blessings go far beyond the lacrosse field, as big or small as it may seem. Take a look at what our players and coaches give thanks for this holiday season:

I AM THANKFUL FOR....

Coach Dell:
... Frozen pizza and cheesecake on Thanksgiving

Coach Wallace:
... Having a capable mind and body and for living in a time and place I can use both to my fullest abilities
... Great role models and the endless support of my family
... The challenges I have faced in my life because it has given me strength and perspective on what is really important in life- family, health, and happiness

Britt LaVaute, Sr:
.... My family, especially my new baby sister who came into my life 5 months ago
....Cheesecake and lacrosse

Em Walsh, Sr:
.... Having the people and the support in my life to do the things that I love best. I'm seeing the world right now and it is the best thing I have ever done. I've been giving so many life changing opportunities and I'm so lucky and thankful for that.

Hannah Kennedy, Sr:
... Being able to make a career out of something I love
... Hugs, avocados, tie dye, corn, and good handshakes

Ryan McGovern, Jr:
... To know that what I will end up doing in life will benefit others. I want to become a Special Education teacher and help those in need. Everyone has a passion in life, and I am thankful that this is mine

Erin Doyle (Doug), Jr:
... My family, my friends, and the many mentors that helped guide me to where I am today
... For the life God gave me and the opportunities my parents made possible
...That my parents are always only one phone call away with guidance to all my problems
... My sisters who are the best friends one could ever ask for
... My past, my present, and my future and that I can be proud of who I am
... That I had the chance to meet angels, even if it was only for a short while. I'll never forget the impact they made on my life (PG, JM, CC)
...Most of all, I am thankful for all the times I forget how fortunate I am, there's always someone there to remind me to keep strong and carry on

Erica Scicchitano, Jr:
... My family and for my parents giving me amazing opportunities

Kiersten Racela (Stone), Soph:
... The opportunity to get an education in something that I actually enjoy

Meg Luce, Soph:
... The opportunities to grow as both an athlete and an artist at Hartwick :)

Ali Sisco, Soph:
...To be on an amazing team with the best 18 sisters!
... My education and to FINALLY be in the Nursing Program!! :)

Brittany McCabe, Soph:
... The opportunities and life that my parents have provided for me.
... Having a roof over my head, a good education, and being surrounded by a loving and caring family
... Growing up in a great area that allowed me to gain a focus on my future and develop a mature perspective. The more people I meet and the more places I see I realize how fortunate I am. It is easy to take things for granted but after studying various areas of the world, I have become more aware of my luxuries

Morgan Galipeau, Soph:
... My physical agility it enables me to play at the collegiate level

Lisa Littleton, Fr:
... My fabulous teammates, hummus, and my education and opportunities here at Hartwick

Jackie Moynihan, Fr:
... The beach because it is always a great place to go when you want to get away and it is only 5 minutes from my house :)
... New opportunities like coming to college and meeting all new friends and a family in 'Wick Lax

Carly Newman, Fr:
... Being able to come to a great college that will help me grow as an individual
... My strong family support as they watch me proceed in the nursing field

Caroline Stanford, Fr:
... My wonderful roommate Lisa Marie Antoinette (Lisa Littleton). Without her, I would be a wreck

Steph Luce, Fr:
... The opportunities that I am given and the chances that present themselves. These opportunities have let me play lacrosse, come to Hartwick, and have an experience of a lifetime

Morgan Hall, Fr:
... Being born into a good family and community
... Having the ability to have so many opportunities in my life to do what I want to do. I know some people don't get to have those chances and I really appreciate everything I have ever gotten

Emily Jweid, Fr:
... Currently being in the Virgin Islands!
... Having such an awesome team here at Hartwick. It hasn't even been a week here and I miss everyone!! I'm so glad I had the opportunity to be at this school with this team and great coaches guiding me through the next four years!


Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you to all our fans and supporters out there who care so much about this team. We wish you a happy and relaxing Thanksgiving and holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment