Monday, November 28, 2011

Meet Senior Captain Em Walsh!

Next up on our player introductions is Em Walsh, an attacker from Cortland, NY!. Em is currently studying abroad in Italy and will return to Hartwick in January to lead the team in her second campaign as captain.



Name: Em Walsh
Position: Attack
Year/ Major: Senior/ Art History major, Graphic Communications minor
Hometown/ HS: Cortland, NY/ Cortland H.S.
Birthday: September 25th

Why Hartwick? Hartwick had a great atmosphere that allowed me to discover what I love and what type of person I want to be.

Favorite part of Hartwick Lacrosse: The second family we gain through our teammates that only becomes stronger throughout the season, the constant support and desire to acheive a common goal, and also our training trip...obvi.

Hopes for the season:
Most importantly, I hope to grow and develop as a team-one in sync unit.  I hope to become close and create bonds with my teammates that will last forever.  I also hope for success within our conference. This doesn’t mean I expect to be number 1, although I 100% believe it’s possible.  I do, however, expect our team to give our best efforts every single day. I hope that by doing so we will be able to prove so many people, programs, and teams wrong. I hope that this year, as a team, we take a stand to not allow ourselves to fall in a place where others expect us to be. To not let their doubts effect our effort and success. And I hope we do this with pride.

Favorite part of being a captain:
Being a captain isn’t easy. There is a lot of pressure in terms of aiding in the team’s overall success and sometimes that results in stress. HOWEVER, despite all of this, I absolutely love it. I enjoy the responsibility. It’s good for me. As a captain, I deal with many situations that translate into real life grown up situations- I’m learning and growing and maturing!-  it’s scary and great at the same time. I also love being someone my teammates can talk to. Knowing that they trust me is one of the best feelings in the world.  I’m so glad I can be there for them in that way.  Most of all, I just love being a leader on this team. It’s that simple. Our team is a group of wonderful girls, with big hearts and all the potential in the world. I’m proud to be a part of the unit and proud to call myself one of their leaders.

Favorite...
Color: Green
Vacation spot: Outerbanks, NC
TV Show: Dexter
Athlete: Bianca Gianfrate ( Hartwick '11)
Place on campus: The library because I practically live there
On-campus meal: Latte Lounge. It's not on campus but the tuna salad and tarragon chicken salad are to die for. On-campus would have to be chicken nuggets or the soup in The Commons.
When I grow up I want to be... : A happy, confident lady

No comments:

Post a Comment